Who is a tea sommelier?
A tea sommelier is a tea specialist who excels in tea. They have impeccable knowledge about tea, its benefits and its types. They can help one expand the world of tea and pass on their wisdom to others. Tea sommeliers are found in various places around the world.
One can find tea lovers in many places. They can perform various actions related to tea that includes brewing and also participate in the process of making tea. A tea sommeliers profession can either be normal or professional. A tea specialist might have to pursue a course.
A tea sommelier informs one about the facts, pros and of tea to make one’s purchase better.
What are the different types of tea?
There are a lot of types of tea that will satisfy every tea lover’s taste buds. Different flavours of tea have been introduced to the world over the years. The various tea flavours are further categorized into multiple flavours. Some of the popular flavours of tea include:
- Green tea: Green tea after brewed looks light green or yellow and it is very light. Green tea is great for weight loss and it also brings a glow from inside. Green tea also increases the levels of cholesterol.
- Oolong tea: Oolong tea when brewed gives a pale yellow to brown/tan colour. This type of tea is mainly produced in the countries of China and Taiwan.
- Purple tea: Purple tea gives a unique purple colour after it’s brewed. This type of tea is low in caffeine and also high in antioxidants. Purple tea is found in the heart of Assam.
- Black tea: Black tea is the most popular flavour across the world. It has high caffeine and it gives a dark colour when brewed. The flavour is also very strong.
- Herbal tea: Herbal tea does not contain any caffeine, which is very good for health. The tea is a blend of herbs and spices. It has medicinal benefits and can treat sore throat and stomach related issues. Some of the herbal tea ingredients are peppermint, ginger, lavender, chamomile etc.
- Iced tea: the mixture of sugar, ice and a great flavour of tea infused in water gives the impeccable flavour of iced tea.
What are the accessories associated with tea?
Making a single cup of tea involves many processes and accessories.
- A tea infuser plays an important role while making tea. It is seen in almost all households. It is used to infuse tea leaves in water. An infuser is available in different forms and one can purchase an infuser as per their convenience.
- Kettles are products that can be used for various purposes and are a convenient tea accessory. It can be used to boil water for tea.
- A milk frother adds a kick of flavour to a normal tea. It is used conveniently in many houses around the world.
What are the benefits of drinking tea?
Drinking tea regularly has many health benefits. People have been addicted to tea for a long time. Every tea flavour has different health benefits. Some of the many health benefits include:
- Different tea flavours have different health benefits that will help one’s body from the inside and give you a shining glow.
- Drinking tea can help one manage their weight. Almost all types of tea help one lose weight and maintain their ideal weight.
- Tea helps one prevent diseases like cancer and helps maintain the level of diabetes.
- Different tea flavours help in boosting the health of the heart. Tea has an impact on various parts of the body like the liver and the breast.
The main benefit of being a tea lover is the variety of tea flavours and the accessories that are available. One will never have to compromise on the flavour of the tea.