There’s something about a trench coat that makes you feel instantly more pulled together and polished. Perhaps it’s the fact that they are often associated with dapper gentlemen or maybe it’s because they just look so damn chic. Whatever the reason, there’s no denying that a trench coat is a wardrobe essential, especially for those of us in colder climates.
If you’re plus size, you may be hesitant to rock a trench coat for fear that it will make you look even larger. But we’re here to tell you that there’s no need to be afraid! A trench coat can actually be quite flattering on a plus-size figure, as long as you style it the right way.
Here are 10 ways to style your plus-size trench coat:
- Keep it simple. A trench coat is such a statement piece on its own that you don’t need to go overboard with the rest of your outfit. Stick to a neutral color palette and let the coat do the talking.
- Cinch it at the waist. A trench coat that hits the right spot can do wonders for your figure. Cinching it at the waist will help to create an hourglass shape and make you look slimmer overall.
- Layer it over a dress. Dresses and trench coats are a match made in heaven. The plus size trench coat will add a touch of sophistication to any dress, plus it will keep you warm on cooler days.
- Pair it with skinny jeans. Skinny jeans and a trench coat is a classic combo that will never go out of style. The key is to make sure your jeans are the right length. You don’t want them to be so long that they bunch up at the bottom of the coat.
- Go for a bold color. A pop of color is always a good idea, and it’s especially great when it comes to trench coats. A bright trench coat will add a touch of fun to any outfit and help you stand out from the crowd.
- Belt it. Belting your trench coat is a great way to show off your waist and create a more flattering silhouette. It’s also a great way to add some visual interest to your outfit.
- Layer it over a chunky sweater. A chunky sweater underneath a trench coat is the perfect way to stay warm and stylish all at the same time. This look is especially great for those days when you just can’t seem to get warm.
- Pair it with wide-leg pants. Wide-leg pants are having a moment right now and they look especially great when paired with a trench coat. This look is perfect for those who want to show off their curves.
- Accessorize. A trench coat is a perfect opportunity to accessorize. Throw on a scarf, some statement earrings, or a bold lip color to really make your outfit pop.
- Rock it with confidence. No matter how you style your trench coat, the most important thing is that you wear it with confidence. Own your style and don’t be afraid to show the world who you are.