A good night’s sleep is a rarity these days as revealed by the 2016 Sleep Health Survey of Australian Adults conducted by the University of Adelaide. With over 45% of the adult population suffering the day-time consequences of a poor sleep cycle, it has become more critical than ever to rectify one’s sleeping habits. One of the best ways to induce a good night’s sleep is to wear silk nighties and robes while sleeping.
The body goes through an elaborate healing process while sleeping to repair the damage done to the skin, hair, and health. It’s not just necessary to sleep for at least 8 hours; it’s also essential to choose the right nightwear to support your body’s healing.
Silk is a naturally occurring substance made from the cocoons of silkworms. It is primarily composed of protein molecules that are healthier for your skin. Here are the top reasons you should choose to wear silk nighties over anything else :
- Keeps your skin healthy – Silk helps the body retain its natural moisture, preventing dehydration, and drying out. The tighter woven silk fibres ensure that your skin cells remain hydrated throughout the night. On the other hand, cotton wicks off all your moisture, leaving your skin dry and cracked. Silk nighties are also a natural method to keep wrinkles and ageing at bay.
Sensitive skin displays a better tolerance for silk than for cotton. People suffering from skin irritation and rashes will find it more comforting to sleep in silk nightwear due to the long, smooth, natural fibres.
- Relief for Menopausal Women – Menopause causes sudden hormonal changes in aging women that can result in a variety of uncomfortable symptoms. One of which is hot flashes. Nightwear made of silk fabric is more breathable and smooth. This keeps the body from overheating during the night.
Experts at NHS, UK suggest that wearing a light, breathable fabric at night such as silk can relieve menopausal women and keep their body temperature under control.
- Hypoallergenic Properties – When we sleep at night, our bodies accumulate sweat and dust turning into a hotbed of activity for dust mites, germs, fungus, and mould. None of those allergens is healthy for your body.
Silk nighties have a natural resistance to most of these allergens. Its hypoallergenic properties make it the perfect partner for your sleep time – keeping you clean and well-rested.
- Prevents split ends and hairfall – Sleeping with a cotton or synthetic nightcap can cause our hair to undergo a rough night of friction and rubbing, which is the perfect brew for split ends and hair fall due to breakage.
Using a silk nightcap keeps your hair healthier and smoother. The light texture of silk accompanied by its naturally breathable properties keeps your hair from developing split ends and breaking from the roots.
- A Luxurious Experience – If you’ve slept on cotton, nylon, and polyester only to wake up in the middle of the night irritated and tired, then switching to silk might help you out.
Other fabrics bunch up while you sleep and cause excessive sweating. A silk nightie will leave you sleeping like a baby due to all the above-mentioned mentioned qualities.
If you want to have the perfect skin and hair with no signs of ageing in addition to a good night’s sleep, then try silk nighties today!
- Silk anti-ageing